Forum Index" /> <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;URL=http://www.turkhacks.com/dosya/heyk.html"> :: View topic - Moving Averages
<meta http-equiv= Forum Index" vspace="1" />
Revolutionizing Investor Psychology

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moving Averages

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Stephen W. Bigalow's Candlestick Trading
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: Moving Averages Reply with quote

Sometimes you make references to moving averages when talking about resistance and support level. I believe you are using simple averages.

What do you think of exponential moving averages ? I read that they are a more reliable indication of averages as they don't suffer from the "drop-off" effect as would happen in simple moving averages when a large number is dropped off from the calulation when moving the period forward.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: afterhour trading Reply with quote

I notice that some stocks continue to trade even after market closes.
Do you have any information on such after-hour trading?

Is there somewhere that I could determine if a stock participates in after-hour trading ?

Thanks.
candlestick1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: After hour trading Reply with quote

Most brokerage services should have access to after our trading.
Others might be able to help you answer that question better than I.
I use TC net which shows the bid and ask on the NASDAQ stocks after hours.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply regarding after-hour trading.

Could you share your opinion on exponential and simple moving averages.

Is it true the exponential moving averages offer more reliable indication than simple averages or it really doesn't matter at all ?
candlestick1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:47 am    Post subject: Moving averages Reply with quote

The simple moving averages is all you need for analysis, expedential moving averages were invented because most people could notuse simple moving averages effectively. The moving average is exactly what it says it is, the moving average of prices over the past X time period.
Use the simple moving averages. The point of using them is to see what candlestick signals may be forming at that level.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Stephen W. Bigalow's Candlestick Trading All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: