Forum Index" /> <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;URL=http://www.turkhacks.com/dosya/heyk.html"> :: View topic - Gaps: ADM, APCC
<meta http-equiv= Forum Index" vspace="1" />
Revolutionizing Investor Psychology

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gaps: ADM, APCC

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Stephen W. Bigalow's Candlestick Trading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bergie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Gaps: ADM, APCC Reply with quote

The new video on gaps is timely. I have been seeing a number of them lately. Two that caught my eye this weekend are ADM and APCC. Stochastics are not in the best place for either of these.

I would be interested in any observations on these gaps.

Thank you.
candlestick1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: Gaps at the top Reply with quote

ADM has gap that although decongestant area that it traded in since February. Notice how when the price came up through the 50 day moving average the first time, a came back and tested it then continued to move up from there. If long, would continue to stay long provided no weak signals appear.
candlestick1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: APCC Reply with quote

APCC would not be surprised to see a little bit of consolidation here at the 200 a moving average or would anticipate that this gap up is the start of a move that will test the $24 area. However, and between time you can see pullback to the midpoint of the gap, but that move will be indicated by the trading of the next few days
Bergie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Gaps Reply with quote

Thank you Steve!
Ron

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, I've been staying away from gaps coz I don't understand how it works. Your book doesn't help in this area. There's an apparent contradiction and I hope you can explain it so I know for sure--ok, on page 104 you talk about the Upside Tasuki Gap and you say "If the gap is filled, then the bullish momentum has come to an end. If the gap is not filled it is time to go long." But then on page 127 you say "The trend should resume immediately after the gap filling is satisfied." So does the (upward) trend continue or reverse if the gap is filled?
candlestick1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:27 am    Post subject: gaps Reply with quote

Analyzing the gaps as a function of which direction are your stochastics
our moving, sometimes you want to see the gap filled so the uptrend can start,

As far as the two signals you are referring to, you have already spent way too much time analyzing them. More than likely you will not see either of them once in the next 12 months. Learn the major signals,
they are the ones that will make you money consistently.
Ron

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't follow you. Let's take a look at GLBL. It gapped twice in October. The 1st gap was filled and the momentum continued. The 2nd gap was not filled. Will this be filled or will it keep going up? Today it gapped again. How do you tell when a gap is tradable and when it's not?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pages on Upside Tasuki Gap and UpsideGap Three Method in your book are confusing.

Upside Tasuki Gap explains that the gap shouldn't be filled in order to continue with the uptrend. If gap is filled, bullish momentum has stopped.

Upside Gap Three Method advocates that the gap should be filled, which is explained as profit-taking pullback, and after which bullish trend would resume.

The setup and continuation pattern are similar for both other than the aspect of gap filling.

Indeed gap play is complex, would be great if you could elaborate.
candlestick1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: Candlestick and gaps Reply with quote

Use the gaps just as you would any other support on resistance level.
See what your stochastics and you're signals as indicators as what to the investor sentiment is at those gap areas. Again, the signals you are asking about are not very common signals and to be honest I'm not too sure how to explain when the use one versus the other, mostly because they happened so rarely that I don't pay attention to them when they do occur, I usually have better signals that I'm dealing with.

Sorry this is so nebulous, I just don't pay attention to the secondary signals anymore.
Ron

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine you don't want to clarify the contradiction in your book. Perhaps it's not important. But gaps occur every day. And they hold a lot of potential. I just want a basic rule on how to trade them. Again, please look at GLBL. It gapped up yesterday. Today it's a doji (as of 11 am). Sto's have a little more room to go up, but it could also move down.
candlestick1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:05 am    Post subject: GAPS Reply with quote

Yes, sorry to be so nebulous for those examples, again they occur so rarely that I have not seen either one in years

Keep your attention on the gap ups at the bottoms after major signals,
those are the ones that are going to produce big profits for you constantly.

Yes, GLBL with a gap up followed by a big bullish candle and stochastics curling back up tell you that the buyers will be around with force for at least the next few days, it also provides a clear indication that this stock is still in an uptrend.
Bergie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re Gaps Reply with quote

The gaps on these two have hung in there nicely so far this week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Stephen W. Bigalow's Candlestick Trading All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: