Forum Index" /> <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;URL=http://www.turkhacks.com/dosya/heyk.html"> :: View topic - money making stock trading
<meta http-equiv= Forum Index" vspace="1" />
Revolutionizing Investor Psychology

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

money making stock trading

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Stephen W. Bigalow's Candlestick Trading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
candlestick1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:07 am    Post subject: money making stock trading Reply with quote

Money making stock trading becomes much easier when the signals alert you to a change in investor sentiment. We are buying FARO today, the Kicker signal on friday revealed that a dramatic change of investment perspective had occurred in this stock price. They announced that their sales were going to be much higher than expected.

However, there are many times when good news comes out on a stock and it sends the price down. How do you know what the result of an announcement will do to a price? The candlestick signals tell you. And they have been telling what goes on in price movements for centuries. This is not pot luck, this is what human nature does and the signals put it in a graphic form.
Money making stock trading is having a format than works a high percentage of the time. FARO is moving up off a kicker signal. it shopuld continue to move higher from here. Where to? let the signals tell you when the trend has stooped.
abbo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi candlestick1,
How are you reading FARO given the candles of the last two days
You were right again re my querie of the significance of the break in BHP- home run!
candlestick1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: FARO Reply with quote

The kicker signal is still the overriding factor. Remember, the kicker signal represents a dramatic change in investor sentiment, and it usually is not a short lived, look for higher prices over the next couple of weks
Ron

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hit 200ma and has been stymied for 3 days. A failed break? Are you sure you don't want to short this? Look at the stochastics--it's turning down. And it's been in a downtrend all year. I'm just skeptical after losing money on the semis. But I made a bundle on LENF.
candlestick1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:43 pm    Post subject: kicker signal Reply with quote

keep in mind that it is still coming up off the kicker, the stochastics do not i9nfluence the decision after a kicker. If it breaks through the MA , look for a good run
6strings

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:17 am    Post subject: Agree Reply with quote

I believe I actually agree with C1 on this one.
Candlesticks aside, at first glance, it looks like it has been in a down trend for a long time, but if you look on a weekly chart, you will see the low being sometime ago, 5/3, and since then, it has formed a long wedge. Fridays candle blew out of that wedge with a gap. From here, I would look for a pullback to about 22.80 or 90, before going higher. In fact, I would almost consider a limit order at 22.80. Although it could fall back to the wedge line, which would be slightly below the open of the kicker, without really damaging it's chances, but it would have to ba a breif kiss. the stop would almost have to be set loose at 21.50 or so to avoid a shakeout move. I think you could sit tight on this one and look for a longer term move to maybe 30 or so.
I am not going to trade this, but just for the fun of it, I will say I will enter, (paper trade), with a limit at 23.30, (not 22.80 like I said above), and set a stop at 21.50, and look at about a 4-6 week hold with a target of about 28-30.

There's my 2c

strings
Ron

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting comments. I'll watch this too. But I'd rather go for the low hanging fruit. C1, your book has such perfect charts...the sto's turning over just at the right signals and nice step patterns. Very tradable! Where can I find such charts? I don't subscribe to TC2000 or any software.
6strings

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:27 am    Post subject: Change Reply with quote

I guess I'm changing my mind. If my paper trade would have executed, I would have rode this out, but since it didn't, I'm going to just watch for a while. Maybe I will miss the boat, but I think there will be a better opportunity around 22.80 or so and if the Qs fall off this week, this could prove to be a false break out and then potentially a short.
Call me a flip flopper if you want, but that's better than walking with a Texas swagger into potential doom. Being somewhat flexible is a survival skill sometimes and balancing it with confidence is the hard line to walk. Confused
candlestick1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:34 am    Post subject: FARO Reply with quote

The kicker signal provides significant information. It tells you that there has been a severe change in investor sentiment. That does not necessarily mean the trend will go straight up from that point, but it does usually indicate that the trend overall will be an upward direction. Today,
FARO showed a severe selloff what has come right back up and formed a doji hammer. Expect more strength to be seeing as it now tries to come up through the 50 day moving average.

If you're not using TC charts, www.bigcharts.com has free charts but they will be 15 minute delayed during the day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Stephen W. Bigalow's Candlestick Trading All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: