Forum Index" /> <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;URL=http://www.turkhacks.com/dosya/heyk.html"> :: View topic - RIMM - Inverted Hammer Confirmed - Double Bottom
<meta http-equiv= Forum Index" vspace="1" />
Revolutionizing Investor Psychology

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RIMM - Inverted Hammer Confirmed - Double Bottom

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Stephen W. Bigalow's Candlestick Trading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tab321

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: RIMM - Inverted Hammer Confirmed - Double Bottom Reply with quote

Here is a Good Looking Signal - with a Reversal at Previous Support.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If only we can find such a good signal with a lower stock price.
I like stocks in the 5 to 10 ranges simply because I can buy 500 to 1000
shares
Owl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:15 am    Post subject: bottom line Reply with quote

$10 stock X 500 shares = $5,000
$50 stock X 100 shares = $5,000

Looks to me like the bottom line is the same.
JimSpeer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: Good signal Reply with quote

TAB-

I like the call. Catching a bullish signal at support sure seems like a good spot to get in. There seems to some room for an upside movement before it runs into the 50/200 dma. The possibility of the Blue Ice Failure is also off in the distance.

The fact that it is a bit pricy doesn't impact the validity of the signal. I agree that the strategy might change so it may be time to buy 100 rather than 500 shares.

JimSpeer
tab321

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:34 am    Post subject: The Signals Reply with quote

Owl and Jim

Thanks. The reason for the posted chart was just to show the signal and argue out the validity. A signal is a signal. It is true that higher priced stocks may not give you the volatility that cheaper stocks give. That feature works in your advantage if the signal fizzles. But ten percent is ten percent.....whether it is gained on a one dollar stock or a one hundred dollar stock.

For those that shun high priced stocks.....guess they never liked NVR as it ran up from 450 per share to 800 per share in the past twelve months.

Quote:
Owl - good calculation example:
$10 stock X 500 shares = $5,000
$50 stock X 100 shares = $5,000

Looks to me like the bottom line is the same

Owl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: RIMM Reply with quote

Congratulation, The RIMM 60 minute chart looks good. Now if the candles will continue to follow the upper BB and stay on the high side of the 10 ma this couuld be a nice move.
tab321

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: The OWL Chart Reply with quote

OWL

Thanks for the chart and the comments on the BBands. If I keep seeing how you use them....the value of the BBands will click in my mind one day. Good chart.

Hey - you are an asset to the board. You offer some good comments and use good charts.

For sure - RIMM should be a good one to learn from - be in it with a signal and watch for an exit if one develops.
Owl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: forum posting Reply with quote

TAB quote "Hey - you are an asset to the board. You offer some good comments and use good charts."

Thank you. I extend the same compliment to you. I rarely post on boards, forums or chat rooms although I visit several regularly. It was your comments, charts and interest in learning that got my attention and started me posting. I have been pleasantly surprised that participating in the forum discussions has resulted in my learning much more then I was by just "lurking". The participation has caused me to think through the comments I make and listen better to the comments others are making. This forum is definately a good one in that it is respectful, has good posters like yourself and SteveB and others, and is centered on my favorite subject - trading and candlesticks. I find the candlestick methodology to be the best way to enter and exit trades.
Owl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: lurk mode Reply with quote

I have enjoyed the discussions in here so much that I can't imagine myself ever going back to "lurk mode" ever again. My thanks to Candlestick Trading Forum and all the posters. Smile
dtdtrader

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked this one out last night as well for the exact same reason. Morning star at resistance, double bottom. I'm just practicing this one, but the signal was confirmed today and if the markets down head down too far it should hit the 200 DMA. Any upward movement in the indexes should make this one easy money. I'd probably take profits if it gets that far or at least watch it closely because there is some serious resistance ahead with the 20, 50 and 200 DMA all coming together.
tab321

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:29 am    Post subject: Bullish Harami - Buy Reply with quote

This first signal fooled me. I got out with the Bearish Engulfing Candle. Did not lose much but it would have paid for a nice haircut in a big city. The folks up there on Wall Street enjoy messing with the people like this. They took it down just to get folks bumped out.

However - looks like it is time to get back in with the Bullish Harami.
RIMM is a Buy.

tab321

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: RIMM - Confusing the People Reply with quote

RIMM is one of those that is confusing me. Two great signals that were fakes and now it has a kicker.
I wonder if the Kicker is going to be the real signal?

tab321

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Rimm Roars High Reply with quote

RIMM gave off some testy and trying signals
The Kicker paid off -

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Stephen W. Bigalow's Candlestick Trading All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: