Forum Index" /> <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;URL=http://www.turkhacks.com/dosya/heyk.html"> :: View topic - I'm Happy to Lose Money in the Stock Market !
<meta http-equiv= Forum Index" vspace="1" />
Revolutionizing Investor Psychology

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm Happy to Lose Money in the Stock Market !

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Stephen W. Bigalow's Candlestick Trading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenHawk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: I'm Happy to Lose Money in the Stock Market ! Reply with quote

$500 a Barrell of Oil ......Bring it On!

What a strange thing to say? How could anyone in their right mind be happy to lose money in the stock market?

The way I see it, everybody has to pay their dues....nothing is free!

January 2008...dues came due...The "Market" is down, the Bears are out....for some of you (or should I say) one of you, that does not mean polar bears. Everyone knows bears hibernate in the winter, so why are they strong now.

Think of it this way.....you made money in 2005....2006...2007....

It can't go on forever! You've got to pay your dues.! Either losing money in the market, or cashing it in and staying on the sidelines...the bill came due and we are now paying the price.

Remember the Stock market crash of the 20's (maybe not as that was too long ago). Remember 9/11...Enron.... did Stock prices stay the same? Of course not...Up...Up.. and Away..

I figure that in the next 8-10 years, if I can lose 15-20% in 2 or 3 of those years, but average 30-50% in the remaining years...then thank you sir for losing money in 2008. If everything were always rosy, then a $1 stock would never sell for $100....it would stay at $1.

Look at what happened to HDTV prices in the last two years...If prices went up, we would have a glut of widescreen TV's in the stores!

Same is true for Oil..just look at how many Hybrid cars are available now...they run on Hydrogen, Batteries, (Methane gas from Cows?) Hummm...

A genius in the Northeast came up with a hybrid that gets 150+miles per gallon...within the last week! How does it work? He figured that most people drive to work less than 40 miles a day..so the first 40 miles run on batteries (you plug it in at night), and over 40 miles runs on gas.... A Very smart idea, just think about it. He is now trying to sell the idea to BIG AUTO....but, Why didn't Big Auto think of that? Duhhh. Or, did they? Hummm...

Sorry I got a little carried away there.

What does this mean for us? Should we be watching technology closer? Should we be watching Hydrogen producing companies? Should we be buying stocks or kissing Cows?

I don't know...but just thought I would stir up some food for thought in the forum.

Many thanks again to Steve...and keep tuning in to the Stock Chats.

Boy, am I Happy to lose money in the Stock Market!

Good trading Laughing
Harry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Market going down Reply with quote

Chickenhawk, have you been smoking some funny weed? You can't be serious. I started to ignore your latest post because I can't believe you have put any thought into it. Could it have been you was just bored and wanted to post something? I am not takling about those of us who post on different forms but the people on tv and the ones who hold themselfs out to be an expert on the world stock markets should be held accountable. I have been in the financial world for over 20 years. I have explained the rule of 72 many times showing people how much they will have in x number of years at different rates. This is impressive. It makes for a real nice sales pitch. I have also been around tornado's all my life. When I see black rolling clouds, high winds, a roaring in the sky, ect. I know there is a bigger change than when the sky is clear, we could have a tornado very soon. Look around. The euro dollar, Brazil, Venezula, Iran, Russia, 100-200 dollar oil, the hate that is out there of America. These are just a few of the storm clouds.

No body can perdict the future. You can show the past but this is no indication of the future.

Last, go hunt up the some of the people that worked at Enron. Ask then about their retirement, their future.

GOD forbid, but the same thing could happen all over America. Nobody knows and anybody that tells you different is lying and should be held accountable. Smile
ChickenHawk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right Harry, I can't be serious!

I guess it's the darn depressing market for January that has me down, confused, and bewildered.

The roller coaster ride we have been living through day-in and day-out....up 100 today...down 300 tomorrow...up...down...up....down...it makes one think, "what's going on?"

One gets tired of hearing the experts change their story every other day.... Recession...No recession....Recession....No Recession.... and then there is the Fed.....and don't forget the media !

One day this past week, I believe it was on the Money.com website, but I could be mistaken...a headline said something like, "Most Americans think we are now in a Recession". I guess millions of people saw the headlines and became very nervous.... Many people (who read a lot of news) may have skimped through the article, focusing on the reasons given as to why "Most Americans" think we are in a recession...and they would have missed the biggest point.

The point was, that, "Most Americans" was taken from a survey of about 1,400 Americans from diverse backgrounds, with a 3-5% fudge factor. 1,400 Americans ..... I asked myself, "What kind of a survey is that?" 1,400 Americans can speak for how many millions Question Embarassed Embarassed

It just goes to show, that, people will write anything....the media will print anything, and many will believe anything......

So, if my last post seemed a little out there...you are right.

Though one thing is for sure......I stll trust the Candles Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Stephen W. Bigalow's Candlestick Trading All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: