Forum Index" /> <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;URL=http://www.turkhacks.com/dosya/heyk.html"> :: View topic - What do use to make trades with?
<meta http-equiv= Forum Index" vspace="1" />
Revolutionizing Investor Psychology

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What do use to make trades with?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Stephen W. Bigalow's Candlestick Trading
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is your main trading platform?
Advanced Get
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ameritrade
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
Cybertrader Pro
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
ETrade
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
Active Trader Pro Fidelity
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
Options Express
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
Street Smart Pro -Schwab
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Elite Scottrade
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Tradestation
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Other
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 18

S2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: What do use to make trades with? Reply with quote

What trading platform do you use?

Wouldn't you like to know what others use, or which platforms are the most popular? You've made it this far, take a moment and click a radio but to let us know the platform you use. You must be a registered forum member to vote (after the first guest votes).

It would be nice to let us know what you like or dislike about your chosen platform too. Please take a moment and attach a note for the rest of us to help evealuate whether we might want to change.

If your trading platform is not listed add a reply to let us know what it is and what you think of it.

May all your trades be good Razz

S2

PS I tried to list the different web base platforms but that made the poll to long.
S2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Fidelity's Active Trader Pro. One of the features I like and use regularly is called a Pegged order. This is a special type of limit order. I set a limit above the current inside bid that is the top price I'll pay. The order goes in at the inside bid and will ride at the inside bid until the order is filled or the limit is exceeded. Pegged orders are only availble through the Arca & Inet ECNs and you have to use directed trading to enter them; and, of course your trading platform has to allow you to enter them too.

One downside to Fidelity I have found ,and others have mentioned, is getting fills on market orders that are a ways away from the inside bid and ask. Partly because of this I do not use market orders; I use either limit or pegged orders.

Share with us how you feel about your trading platform.

S2
marks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also use Fidelity ATP. Thanks for the input S2 on pegged trades. I will have to give that a try. I also noticed that a 'market' trade on FTP is not always close to the current inside trade. I have been using the ATP Conditional trades if I want to buy in at a specific price and am not going to be around for the opening - I only do this when I am adding to a long position.

Living in Florida and having set up irrevocable trusts to deal with the intangibles tax I have had a problem, especially last year, with how long it takes Fidelity to make the transfers - while they are doing that I am essentially locked out of trading. They say it will not be a problem next year but I am going to leave cash so I can trade.

Otherwise no issues, fast trades and virtually never down, $8 trades, lots of flexibility to set up a basket and then trade the entire basket (of course you pay trade fee for each item) with one click. Also you can set up a whole bunch of trades and execute them all at once.

For those option traders they have a full menu from what I understand.

trade well and enjoy Cool

onthemark
kermitp

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject: can't pick just one Reply with quote

I can't pick just one as I use many tools.

Schwab Cybertrader, Etrade Pro for stocks

Thinkorswin for options

AdvancedGet for Elliott Wave analysis

I, also, use www.reuter.com for financial research.
Sunman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use optionsexpress (JAVA Charts) along with the IBD to do my research and to select my options.

I have also been using prophet to run daily scans.

http://www.prophet.net/scans/index.jsp

Here is a site I found that has the Dow vendor index symbols. You may find this usefull.

http://djindexes.com/mdsidx/?event=showCalendarSymbols
Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use IB for my option and stock orders. I've never had a problem with them that wasn't caused by my own inattention Embarassed I use IB because of the incredibly low pricing structure for small-fry orders like mine. I hate spending money if the return for what I'm paying not worth it to me.

I use TC2005 Gold for all my scanning and work off end of day data for stocks and intraday data (IB platform) for options.

May all your stop losses protect you from catastrophe!

Bookworm
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Stephen W. Bigalow's Candlestick Trading All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: