Forum Index" /> <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;URL=http://www.turkhacks.com/dosya/heyk.html"> :: View topic - Feb Gold...problem
<meta http-equiv= Forum Index" vspace="1" />
Revolutionizing Investor Psychology

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feb Gold...problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Stephen W. Bigalow's Candlestick Trading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimSpeer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:47 am    Post subject: Feb Gold...problem Reply with quote

I have a question about different charts from different sources. From BRITEFUTURES, Feb Gold is showing a bearish Harami. However, from FUTURESOURCE, the pattern is significantly different. This difference in charting does not appear with softs, grains, and meats.

Any comments or suggestions on how to read the candlestick formations.

Jim Speer
candlestick1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:58 am    Post subject: chart services Reply with quote

That is why you should always have a backup chart service to verify. if you think the price is not what it should be. It is not unusual, especially with free services, to have some faulty data get into the charts. If you read investment commentary and see that there is a different price in their commentary than what you're chart is illustrating, then check it out.

Last edited by candlestick1 on Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
goodedesign

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:59 am    Post subject: ???? Reply with quote

different patterns with the same symbol?

hmmm... yeah steve... what would you do with that?

or is it because one feed is not getting the right information?

i know that my qcharts occasionally will lose a feed... occasionally the ADX will just go blank... and nothing they can do about it...
candlestick1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:02 pm    Post subject: feeds Reply with quote

Yes the Internet system still has some faults with good clean the data feeds, that has always been a problem when trying to do back testing, there are very few data services that can provide clean consistent data
JimSpeer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve has a good point about charting services. I went to my broker's site and another free site. Three of these four charts were the same. Perhaps the difference in the one chart is that the FutureSource site uses a different time frame for their metal charts. (I like the way FS uses candlesticks to draw current daily price OHLC with only slight delay. As you know, this makes finding the patterns easier as the day trades on).

Given all of that, I now believe that I have a bearish Hamari in an overbought Feb gold. I am waiting for a bearish confirmation to go short. I am looking for a price below 453. If that happens today or tomorrow, I will SHORT with a BUY STOP at 457.2

Jim Speer
goodedesign

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:25 pm    Post subject: gold's etf? Reply with quote

I haven't followed gold much. Are the new Exchange Traded Funds good? do they move in tandem, exactly with, or not at all like the futures?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Stephen W. Bigalow's Candlestick Trading All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: