Forum Index" /> <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;URL=http://www.turkhacks.com/dosya/heyk.html"> :: View topic - MED and ZVXI
<meta http-equiv= Forum Index" vspace="1" />
Revolutionizing Investor Psychology

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MED and ZVXI

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Stephen W. Bigalow's Candlestick Trading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scooter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject: MED and ZVXI Reply with quote

Two more stocks that might be worth at least throwing on your watch lists. Both have big gaps to fill. I got in on MED today at 12.45. No reason for it not to climb higher over the next couple weeks. ZVXI had a breakout day today. Wish I had gotten in on that one as well.

Scooter
mesa613

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about MED. The pattern I see scares me a little bit Scooter. It gapped up in mid-May and gapped back down a few days ago, through the same gap area. It kind of resembles a bearish island top, although it is a rather big island. Does anyone know if this really considered an island top given the size of this island? Question

Will be very interesting to see if ZVXI can stay above the 200 dma on Monday.
Scooter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting observation on MED, Mesa. I didn't even see that island top, if that is what it is. I'm not sure how strict to be on the timeframes with that, either. John Murphy says the island may be a couple days or a couple weeks. With MED it would be more like three months, so that seems a bit long.

It may have some more downplay in it, but I do think MED will rise over the near term. I like to look for stocks that have had a recent overreaction. It often provides a good entry point. This happened with MED earlier this week. They reported nearly 100% gains in revenues and earnings and even increased their revenue guidance for the remainder of the year. Yet the stock has fallen around 30% since then. From what I understand, this was only because the company did not revise their earnings guidance in addition to their revenue guidance, apparently leading many investors to infer that costs will be much higher and margins will shrink in future quarters. I could understand a pull-back, but 30%+ for a company that almost doubled prior year results? Wow, that's too much I believe.

Also, there is new institutional buying and a new market maker that initiated coverage with a buy rating. Furthermore, the company's stock will be switching from the AMEX to the NYSE late next week, which I expect will give it a boost.

Anyway, it obviously remains to be seen what will happen, but these are a few of the reasons I took a position in addition to the fact that it gapped up yesterday after a solid white candle day.

Scooter
russjackel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: med Reply with quote

I do not consider it an island top just a gap up that never got filled as it also gapped down below it and did not trade in the range of the gap price. just for obbservation what I do see might be forming is an island bottom after the gap down on aug 15 and fairly flat trading since. A nice gap up to 15 or 16 would be sweet.
As far as earnings go I am always confused at why the street does what it does with stock price as opposed to earnings. A good example is NMKT raised guidance twice this year earnings up 2200% since 2002 and forecasting earnings of 150 mil within the next couple years or less and the stock is trading at around .30 go figure. That is why I have changed my investing style to try candles and go with the prices traded instead of earnings etc. Fundamentals do not seem to be the way to trade any longer as I see good co. tank and co. with no earnings skyrocket. so guess just go with the flow. good trading all
Scooter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an update...

Stockleman.com is now bullish on MED:
http://www.stocklemon.com/08_24_06.html

It was up 10%+ today as a result of the report. Tomorrow it opens on the NYSE.

Scooter
rm

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great find Scooter Very Happy

Keep em comin

I jumped in on this one and it's working out well.

Good article from stocklemon, very interesting about it making it from the otc to the nyse....

I see only some minor resistance areas for starters
Very Happy

rm
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Stephen W. Bigalow's Candlestick Trading All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: