Forum Index" /> <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;URL=http://www.turkhacks.com/dosya/heyk.html"> :: View topic - Can someone suggest an inexpensive intraday charting service
<meta http-equiv= Forum Index" vspace="1" />
Revolutionizing Investor Psychology

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can someone suggest an inexpensive intraday charting service

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Stephen W. Bigalow's Candlestick Trading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bluto

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Can someone suggest an inexpensive intraday charting service Reply with quote

I'm using Telechart but I need a reliable and cheap source of real-time intraday data, preferably a simple online charting service. I usually trade end-of-day but would like to keep a more watchful eye on events as the days unfold in these turbulent markets. Thanks. Very Happy
ChickenHawk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over the past year I have tried several charting packages, and finally settled with TC2000 and Prophet.net.

This month my Prophet is up for renewal and I have decided to stay with them. I am currently a Bronze subscriber which has a 20 minute delay, but considering realtime as a Silver member.

The stock screening is not to my liking, but I was told they are working on many changes for this summer to help improve the program. Working with TC2000 has been a good match as I can scan in TC2000, then export a Text file of file names to add to Prophet using cut and paste. Together it is a good match.

The charts are also pretty good and I like the Marketmatrix feature. It takes a little time to get used to, like any program, but I feel well worth the money.

There are several other features I like with Prophet, but too numerous to mention here. Maybe give a trial subscription as it will take about one month to get used to it.

Hope this helps Very Happy
Bluto

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChickenHawk wrote:
Over the past year I have tried several charting packages, and finally settled with TC2000 and Prophet.net.

This month my Prophet is up for renewal and I have decided to stay with them. I am currently a Bronze subscriber which has a 20 minute delay, but considering realtime as a Silver member.

The stock screening is not to my liking, but I was told they are working on many changes for this summer to help improve the program. Working with TC2000 has been a good match as I can scan in TC2000, then export a Text file of file names to add to Prophet using cut and paste. Together it is a good match.

The charts are also pretty good and I like the Marketmatrix feature. It takes a little time to get used to, like any program, but I feel well worth the money.

There are several other features I like with Prophet, but too numerous to mention here. Maybe give a trial subscription as it will take about one month to get used to it.

Hope this helps Very Happy

Thanks, Hawk! Actually what I'm looking for is a chart that can display candles with a minimum of 1 minute data delay with an option to zoom out to say 2 minute, 3 minute, 5 minute, half hour, hour etc. After getting frosted a few times here lately, I feel the need to take an occasional peek intraday while at work to see how things are going in the event the markets turn on a dime and go south of my positions. I'll investigate that Prophet thing though. Wink
Sunman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use optionsxpress (java charts). I have an intraday setup. You can sigh up and no funds are required. Thats how I traded for the first year using there vitrual trading platform.

Even though position trade. I use a 2 day 5 minute chart to enter my trades.
ChickenHawk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunman wrote:
I use optionsxpress (java charts). I have an intraday setup. You can sigh up and no funds are required. Thats how I traded for the first year using there vitrual trading platform.

Even though position trade. I use a 2 day 5 minute chart to enter my trades.

Options express for realtime - uses Prophet Charts ... Wink
Sunman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right CH but I think there free site does not have all the indicators and the ability to setup watchlist, unless you pay a monthly fee.

I guess I was suggesting it because I have been using them for sometime now and they have no setup or monthly fees for using there charts.
ChickenHawk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunman wrote:
You are right CH but I think there free site does not have all the indicators and the ability to setup watchlist, unless you pay a monthly fee.

I guess I was suggesting it because I have been using them for sometime now and they have no setup or monthly fees for using there charts.

Prophet also has a free setup, but limited in the number of watchlists, etc and with a 20 minute delay. Options express is probably delayed also.
Sunman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OX has realtime and streaming for just sighing up. I have been with them for about 4 years now.

There fees to trade options are ok, but there service is great.

Hope that helps.
ChickenHawk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will take another look and Thanks! Very Happy
Harry

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:49 am    Post subject: real time information Reply with quote

I have been with Ameritrade for several years. The real time information I use is on a screen that I can put in up to 20 stocks at least. I have six different screens. Any stock I want to follow I put in. This is a service for all apex clients. I think you have to trade at least 4 times a month which is nothing for anyone that trades all the time. I pay nothing extra. When I get readly to buy or sell I watch every tick. Good luck. In a market like this you need it. I am looking forward to when this thing turns around. I expect to do very well after we finally bottom out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Stephen W. Bigalow's Candlestick Trading All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: