Forum Index" /> <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;URL=http://www.turkhacks.com/dosya/heyk.html"> :: View topic - GOL kicker signal?
<meta http-equiv= Forum Index" vspace="1" />
Revolutionizing Investor Psychology

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GOL kicker signal?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Stephen W. Bigalow's Candlestick Trading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trade350

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: GOL kicker signal? Reply with quote

That is what it looks like to me.
Bluto

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: GOL kicker signal? Reply with quote

trade350 wrote:

Technically, no if you're talking about the 03/31 candle although there's a close resemblance. A kicker by definition is a White Marubozu following a Black Marubozu, and the white candle should open higher than the black candle. The 03/31 candle overlaps the 03/30 candle by $.05; and has shadows to boot. Truth be known though, it's still a powerful looking bullish candle setup. Looks like a Dragonfly Doji forming today. Might turn out to be a good thing.
candlestick1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: GOL kicker Reply with quote

Yes, and when it is doing to at a previous bottom with stochastics in the oversold condition, it makes it that much more credible.
bomb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: GOL kicker signal? Reply with quote

trade350 wrote:

Nice return if you buy it that day.
trade350

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: GOL kicker signal Reply with quote

WOW! Look at it now. After the initial move, GOL pulled back a little to the 20ma then pop. I like the kicker signal!

"Remember, the kicker signal represents a dramatic change in investor sentiment, and it usually is not a short lived, look for higher prices over the next couple of weeks. It is a high-powered candlestick signal. This signal should never be ignored. It can create huge easy profits. "

I will never ignore it again.

I just realize. Today is a SECOND kicker signal. Unbelievable.

t
rm

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy, was I glad to see this one come through. I had gotten in a couple of times in the last week or so just to have to get back out, I was being a little impatient. It was good to see it bust through this time, I got in early in the morning trading because I had to leave for the day. We'll see what monday brings, may buy a little more if it doesn't pull back too much. Earnings date is the 24th. Looks like the next resistance is around the 34.4 range. The news about the other airline having trouble must have done the trick. Gol had a higher up day spike in volume back in apr/05 but the price didn't go up like this time!
rm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How would you call this one.... an evening star turned morning star?
or just a gap up with a spinning top.
trade350

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Spinning top Reply with quote

Not an evening star. The third candle did not close below the second candle.
Not a morning star because that happens after a downtrend.
I think a spinning top looks more like the candle that appeared about the day before the 21st of February. But this may be a spinning top type candle and it is at reistance.

How It Works:
The evening star pattern occurs during a sustained uptrend. During the first period -- be it a day or a week -- we see a candle with a long white body. Everything looks normal, and the bulls appear to have full control. On the second period, however, a star candle occurs. For this to be a valid evening star pattern, the stock or index must gap higher on the period of the star. The star can be either black or white. A star candle has a small real body and often contains a large upper shadow.

The star communicates that the bulls and bears are involved in a tug of war, where neither side is winning. After a sustained uptrend, it shows that those who want to take profits have come into balance with those still eager to buy the stock. A large upper shadow indicates that the stock could not sustain its probe into new high ground -- thus a potential reversal has been signaled.

On the third period, a candle with a black real body emerges. This candle should retreat substantially into the real body of the first period. The pattern is made more powerful if there is a gap between the second and third period's candles.
Bluto

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rm wrote:
How would you call this one.... an evening star turned morning star?
or just a gap up with a spinning top.

Here's my take:

After the Wednesday candle, that pattern has a high reliability of forming a classic bearish evening star reversal, but Thursday's candle will confirm. It could also form a Two Crows pattern on Thursday, but you'd still have a downside move, just not as steep. In any event, GOL is hugely overbought and is ready for a pulllback. The Brazilian stocks have been performing real nice lately, but this isn't one of the top ranking ones in that group. In fact, this one has been in a trading range for quite awhile with very low volatility, so I don't see a breakout to the upside any time soon. It's definitely not a momentum stock. Looking at the the Bollinger Bands for GOL, the most worrisome aspect would be that this thing could potentially pull back waaaay down to the $25.50 mark just above the lower band which would be a huge drop from it's close Wed. @ $34.20 If you have an intermediate - long term position, probably no big deal to ride it out, but I think it's gotten as high as it's gonna go and now would be a good time to dump it and move on to a better momentum stock with some headroom for upside growth. Wink
rm

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for the lessons, as you can tell I'm new at this and I appreciate the knowledge each of you are sharing with me. I can tell you have put much time and effort into trading.

Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Stephen W. Bigalow's Candlestick Trading All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: