Forum Index" /> <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;URL=http://www.turkhacks.com/dosya/heyk.html"> :: View topic - Here's a few gems to watch over the next few days....
<meta http-equiv= Forum Index" vspace="1" />
Revolutionizing Investor Psychology

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Here's a few gems to watch over the next few days....

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Stephen W. Bigalow's Candlestick Trading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bluto

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Here's a few gems to watch over the next few days.... Reply with quote

BMRN (should pop up nicely)
DXPE
GMTN
PLXT
APO
VSNT
DRTE

Wink
ChickenHawk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Here's a few gems to watch over the next few days.... Reply with quote

Bluto wrote:
BMRN (should pop up nicely)
DXPE
GMTN
PLXT
APO
VSNT
DRTE

Wink

Bluto,

I'll be sure to watch your picks.

You might add these to your list as they also have potential.

AMKR
CMOS
DIET
FXEN
GEG
SNTS
TRMM

Happy Trading Cool
Bluto

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you guys placed an order for some of that DXPE last night. She's up $3.50 on the day. Shocked
candlestick1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: DXPE Reply with quote

Excellent Jay-hook pattern in the formation. Look for more upside even after the positive move today.
Bluto

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: DXPE Reply with quote

candlestick1 wrote:
Excellent Jay-hook pattern in the formation. Look for more upside even after the positive move today.

Exactly, Steve. I credit you for the knowledge on how to look for these. Wink
ChickenHawk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick check 3 days later reveals Bluto's 7 picks gained an average of $4.26 and Chickenhawk $1.50.

Chickenhawk's entry stock price ranged from 4.07 to 8.43. The stocks were picked solely on liking the candle pattern. I missed Bluto's DXPE due to an error placed in the range of my scan volume scan. End result after 3 days was an average of 5 gainers and 2 losers with a +3% average change.

Bluto's entry prices ranged from 7.19 to 30.21. With an excellent DXPE pick Exclamation Ending with an average of 6 gainers and 1 loser with an average change of +2.64%.

What does this all mean Question

Nothing, really, as I am sure neither of us would have kept all 7 at the same time, and if all 7 were bought, most likely the one's that failed the pattern would have been out of sooner.

The Important Point is.......number of stocks, percentages, gainers or losers does not matter Exclamation

What matters the most is the Total Portfolio. In each case, both would be ahead of the game, and that's what its all about Exclamation

See you in the next Stock Chat Very Happy
Bluto

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChickenHawk wrote:
A quick check 3 days later reveals Bluto's 7 picks gained an average of $4.26 and Chickenhawk $1.50.

Chickenhawk's entry stock price ranged from 4.07 to 8.43. The stocks were picked solely on liking the candle pattern. I missed Bluto's DXPE due to an error placed in the range of my scan volume scan. End result after 3 days was an average of 5 gainers and 2 losers with a +3% average change.

Bluto's entry prices ranged from 7.19 to 30.21. With an excellent DXPE pick Exclamation Ending with an average of 6 gainers and 1 loser with an average change of +2.64%.

What does this all mean Question

Nothing, really, as I am sure neither of us would have kept all 7 at the same time, and if all 7 were bought, most likely the one's that failed the pattern would have been out of sooner.

The Important Point is.......number of stocks, percentages, gainers or losers does not matter Exclamation

What matters the most is the Total Portfolio. In each case, both would be ahead of the game, and that's what its all about Exclamation

See you in the next Stock Chat Very Happy

On a broad basis, good analysis, Chickenhawk. In general, I would never have opened positions on all of those stocks but found them all to be good candidates during my Monday scan. After letting the opening dust settle Tuesday morning, I bought 1,000 shares of DXPE @ $31.60/share and 500 shares of PLXT @ $12.18/share. I bailed on DXPE @ $36.82/share for a 16.5% per share gain of $5.22 and a total of $5,220. I still have the PLXT position open which closed @ $12.69 Thursday giving me a pending gain of 4.2%/share and I expect it to go higher on Friday.
Both positions have yielded a combined 14.5% gain of $5,475 as of closing Thursday (exclusive of $1.00/trade @ IB).

The moral of the story for me - the Total Portfolio is what counts as long as you've got the optimum inventory.

Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Stephen W. Bigalow's Candlestick Trading All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: