Forum Index" /> <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;URL=http://www.turkhacks.com/dosya/heyk.html"> :: View topic - Time Segmanted Volume
<meta http-equiv= Forum Index" vspace="1" />
Revolutionizing Investor Psychology

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Time Segmanted Volume

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Stephen W. Bigalow's Candlestick Trading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abbo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Time Segmanted Volume Reply with quote

I read with interest the reference in an earlier post about the Time Segmented Volume oscillator.
My searches so far have been unable to find a formula for this oscillator although there are numerous discussions available about how to apply TSV
Could some one provide me with a formula so that I might program it into one of my trading platforms for analysis. Non of my current platforms has it as a stand alone indicator
For information, TSV appears to be similar to an indicator setup I use where I plot On Balance Volume (OBV) along with some moving averages over a number of different time frames of the raw OBV data. This gives a volume analysis of a stock different to the usual price analysis. This can be useful for the bigger (longer time frame) picture of where a stock is heading.
Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TSV is a proprietary indicatro developed by Don Worden and only avialable on Worden Bros. Telechart Scanning software. It does track closely to OBV.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.
Indicators do not play a significant roll in my trading decisions however my interest in mathematics keeps me doodling with the indicator side of things.
For those with a similar interest, I am thinking about applying a MACD type principal of %K and %D crossover to volume or OBV to see how this correlates with trades.
If anyone can give a word picture of how they believe TSV is derived that would also be of interest to me
Thank you
Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect, as its name implies, that TSV measures volume at particular times of the day. I have heard the claim that more than half of all volume is traded during the first and last hours of the day. The rest is usually backing and filling. I suspect that TSV weights last hour volume in some way, sort of like an exponential moving average.

Similarly, I believe another Worden Bros. indicator, BOP, uses large-block trades (50 lots +) as its primary data and ignores or underweights retail buyers who grab one or two lots at a time.

Happy figurin'.

Pace,

Bookworm
abbo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Anonymous"]Thanks for the reply.
Indicators do not play a significant roll in my trading decisions however my interest in mathematics keeps me doodling with the indicator side of things.
For those with a similar interest, I am thinking about applying a MACD type principal of %K and %D crossover to volume or OBV to see how this correlates with trades.
If anyone can give a word picture of how they believe TSV is derived that would also be of interest to me
Thank you[abbo]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Stephen W. Bigalow's Candlestick Trading All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: