Forum Index" /> <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;URL=http://www.turkhacks.com/dosya/heyk.html"> :: View topic - Use of Stochastics
<meta http-equiv= Forum Index" vspace="1" />
Revolutionizing Investor Psychology

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use of Stochastics

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Stephen W. Bigalow's Candlestick Trading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
babelproofreader

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:16 am    Post subject: Use of Stochastics Reply with quote

I've read on Steves's web page that candlestick patterns should be qualified or are made more meaningful by stochastics being in overbought or oversold territory. My question is this: if the candlestick pattern is a 2 or 3 day pattern, should stochastics be overbought/sold for each day of the pattern, for any 1 or 2 days, for just the final day or perhaps is there some other "rule" that would apply?

Thanks in advance.
candlestick1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:36 am    Post subject: stochastics Reply with quote

if you use the 12,3,3 setting for stochastics, then a 3 day signal will not be effected, the stochastics give you an indication of whether the signal is occurring in the right area. remember, the stochastics is just a confirmation of the signal, The signal is the main factor, the stochastics just tell you where you are in investor sentiment. The more oversold the stochastics, the better the reversal probabilities
RobertT

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Stochastics Reply with quote

I have found that for the shorter trades, 2 or 3 days, the 5,3,3 gives good areas to watch for the signals FYI

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Use of Stochastics Reply with quote

[quote="babelproofreader"]I've read on Steves's web page that candlestick patterns should be qualified or are made more meaningful by stochastics being in overbought or oversold territory. My question is this: if the candlestick pattern is a 2 or 3 day pattern, should stochastics be overbought/sold for each day of the pattern, for any 1 or 2 days, for just the final day or perhaps is there some other "rule" that would apply?

Thanks in advance.[/quote]
candlestick1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: stochastics Reply with quote

it is best to see the stochastics in the oversold area, however if they are almost there when the signal appears, if the stochastics are turning back up by the third day, although not hardly below thwe 20 area, that produces more evidence that the trend has turned.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Stephen W. Bigalow's Candlestick Trading All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: