Forum Index" /> <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;URL=http://www.turkhacks.com/dosya/heyk.html"> :: View topic - ORCL
<meta http-equiv= Forum Index" vspace="1" />
Revolutionizing Investor Psychology

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ORCL
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Stephen W. Bigalow's Candlestick Trading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abbo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject: MACD Lines Reply with quote

Hi n7kon,
In your post dated 10Oct you said in reference to MACD:
"if you will add the MACD you will see that when the sto’s were above 80 just before the big gap up the MACD shows no sign of turning down and the two lines are still a good distance apart."
I thought MACD was normally displayed as a histogram so what are you refering to with the comment about the two lines being a good distance apart.
The Stochastics are crossing so do you have a line display of MACD?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:40 am    Post subject: orcl Reply with quote

I use the MACD twoline with histogram. You get the benifit of the histogram plus a two line indicator. And as long as the two lines do not cross or start moving closer together the stock will stay in the same price area or go up some. I use stockcharts and they have MACD histogram or MACD histogram with the two lines.

candlestick1 I would never argue about the doji signal that was formed on friday you are the expert and I all ways pay attention to what you say. If not for your knowledge shared in the book I would not be doing as well as I am now. I was only trying to say that I have found that if the MACD has not shown any signs of topping then the price may stay in the same area or go up a little before the down trend gets a good hold. I have also found that when the sto's are bottomed out and MACD is still high that is a great time to catch a bounce up to the next resistance area on a good signal. worked well on the Q's about a week ago. Sto's at 20 MACD in over bought area doji at about $34 bought call and held until about $36.5 it s not perfect but does hlep me get in at a little better time and hold until it has found a good bottom/top. The candles and sto's are king the MACD is a fine tune timing thing for me.

Thanks
n7kon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:42 am    Post subject: orcl Reply with quote

Sorry thought I was signed in the above post my me
candlestick1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:42 am    Post subject: stock trading techniques Reply with quote

the stock trading techniques that you can apply to candlesticks is for the purpose of improving the correct trade ratio. If you have analyzed that thye MACD , in conjunction with the stochastics, work in certain circumstances, please post the results here. That is what this forum is for, to reveal stock trading techniques that work, based upon the proven results of candlestick signals. That way everybody is not trying to reinvent the wheel. They can be adding to what somebody else has found to improve returns.

However, be careful that you do not get maximizing your returns from a specific trade with maximizing your total returns. Although a specific trade may have some more upside to it, it may be better to have your funds elsewhere where the upside potential is greater and the downside risk is less.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Stephen W. Bigalow's Candlestick Trading All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: