Forum Index" /> <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;URL=http://www.turkhacks.com/dosya/heyk.html"> :: View topic - Suggestions for Steve Bigalow's new book...
<meta http-equiv= Forum Index" vspace="1" />
Revolutionizing Investor Psychology

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggestions for Steve Bigalow's new book...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Stephen W. Bigalow's Candlestick Trading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tab321

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: TC 2k Scans Reply with quote

Steve - it will not do most of us any good but I am sure the newcomers to Candle Signals would appreciate a nice list of the TC 2000 Easy Scans and PCFs for Candle Signals. For all of us....it would be good to have that info all in one place for reference.

Of course, any new information on using TC 2000 for Candle Signals and daily searches for them would be appreciated.

TAB
Student

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would like for you to show your Trading Journal for a few days or
week. What your thought process was for trading that day long or
short. How you choose your picks and exact entries and stops also
targets.
tab321

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Video with the Book Reply with quote

Steve:

It would be good to put a brief video with the book. Something like the 12 Major Signals Video that you provide for the members who sign up.

Martin Pring did this with one of his books. It was a Disk sealed in a jacket at the back of the book. It was nice to get a visual overview of his teachings before diving into the book.

Sometimes books are so overwhelming when the info is new. And, since Candles are so visual anyway....a video should wet the appetite for a person to motivate himself to dive into the book.

This was my experience with your first book. Bought it and laid it on the shelf for almost one year. When I saw your video on the 12 Major Signals, the light came on and I started reading the book. In the beginning, I looked at the book....got sort of overwhelmed....shelfed it....and may have never picked it up again had it not been for the videos.

Just an idea,
TAB
curt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: New book Reply with quote

One thought would be to sell a study guide to go along with the main book. Alexander Elder has done that with his last two books. Another way to accomplish this would be to have questions and answers at the end of each chapter. Working through each question would help to reinforce what was covered in the main book. Investors Business Daily has a weekly"Would you buy this Stock?" column. You could do something similar using candles.
tab321

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Souped Up Index for the Book Reply with quote

Steve:

Since your books are "reference" type after the intitial reading, I think it would be good to have a really good index in the book. To work on the index does not sound thrilling but that is what will be useful as readers refer back to the pages after they have read it and are trying to learn the signals, etc.

No need to overkill it but if all the pages that deal with a Hanging Man (in a detailed way or prime example type of way) are referenced in the index, that would serve many of us for years to come.
tab321

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:02 am    Post subject: Clarify the Morning Star Signal Reply with quote

Steve:

There have been 42 replies and 527 viewings of Hseing's original question: Does the Morning Star Signal need confirmation?

That question lead to discussions that proposed that Candles cannot really even be used as a primary signal - nor could Candles be used to identify a reversal in a trend. It was mentioned that Candles could only be part of one's armory, etc.

The first book does not make a dogmatic statement about a Morning Star Signal needing confirmation.

If the Morning Star Signal does need confirmation, it would be good to clear up the "when and why".

It seems that no one can agree on this answer to this question. I realize that I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer but a lot of folks seem confused on this issue. Why not clear it up - once and for all - in the next book. Does a Morning Star need Confirmation?

candlestick1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: Morning star signal Reply with quote

The morning star signal needs the same of valuation as any other bullyish
signal. The buy it on the close of a trading day still needs the simple evaluation of whether the market conditions in general indicate that buying will continue the following day. If the Dow Jones index and the NASDAQ index appeared to be bottoming, and a morning star signal is forming in a stock, then you might go ahead and purchase on the close.

If the indexes did not show any reason the buy that afternoon, then there is no harm in waiting to see whether there will be follow-through buying in that stock position the next day. Remember two things, first, the candlestick signals occurring in the right conditions of stochastics and any other indicator that confirms that it is time to buy, reveal a high probability that it is time to buy. Always keep in mind the word probability.

Secondly, using candlestick signals, you are not trying to buy at the very bottom or sell at the very top. You are looking to take a high probability move after the signal has formed.

Bottom line, a morning star signal does not have to be confirmed but there is no reason not to let it confirm
dtdtrader

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me, the morning star is the reversal pattern. The next day, you need to look for a strong open which would indicates the buyers are in control.

The doji, as I understand it, is not a reversal pattern on it's own. I may be wrong there and it may be just like any other reversal pattern. However, I was under the impression that dojis just meant indecision and needed to be 'confirmed' the next day. How does 'confirmation' after a doji differ from looking for a 'strong open' after a morning star pattern? Or does differ at all?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: New Book Reply with quote

As someone that just finished reading "Profitable Candlestick Trading," the one thing that I would have liked is to have more annotations in the charts. Most charts appeared to have multiple patterns that could have been pointed out without diluting the book or other primary message in the cahrt.

One other topic would be to have some examples of actual trades with the logic behind when to enter, add or close-out the trade. Associated with this topic could be some discussion of have much to invest in the trade initially. While this is discussed in the current book, actual examples always help.
candlestick1
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: training sessions Reply with quote

Is the purpose of the candlestick forum, we have training sessions open to everybody now scheduled for Thursday nights at 7 p.m. central standard time. A full chart can now be analyzed in a minute or two with live description versus two pages of typed description in a book.

Candlestick investing involves learning to recognize the signals. That is why we like to offer is much information and training as we can to clarify how those signals work. It is suggested that you at least join us on Thursday nights and we have a more detailed study for members on Monday nights.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Stephen W. Bigalow's Candlestick Trading All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: