Stock Investing Forum, Exchanging Candlestick Signal Ideas
The Candlestick Forum’s stock investing forum is getting good activity once again. The purpose of this stock investing forum is for investors, that are trying to gain more knowledge about candlestick signals, to ask questions and exchange observations that will help others gain the mastery of the signals. The stock investing forum is not limited to stocks. The exchange of ideas about using candlestick signals for Forex trading is also getting a lot of activity on the forum. This is a free service. Use it for asking general and specific questions about what signals are working in this market.
The forum can also be used as a running commentary on specific stock positions. As the price is moving, a running analysis on the progress of that trend can be easier to follow in a forum. A stock investing forum allows investors to hear what others are analyzing. An analysis of candlestick charts can be done with everybody's import.
The Harami was an important signal this week. It signaled that the Nasdaq had stopped it’s downtrend. As the excerpt from “ Profitable Candlestick Trading” illustrates, the Harami is a major candlestick signal.
The Harami is an often seen formation. The pattern is composed of a two candle formation in a down-trending market. The body of the first candle is the same color as the current trend. The first body of the pattern is a long body, the second body is smaller. The open and the close occur inside the open and the close of the previous day. Its presence indicates that the trend is over.
The Japanese definition for Harami is pregnant woman or body within. The first candle is black, a continuation of the existing trend. The second candle, the little belly sticking out, is usually white, but that is not always the case (See Homing Pigeon). The location and size of the second candle will influence the magnitude of the reversal.
- The body of the first candle is black; the body of the second candle is white.
- The downtrend has been evident for a good period. A long black candle occurs at the end of the trend.
- The second day opens higher than the close of the previous day and closes lower than the open of the prior day.
- Unlike the Western “Inside Day”, just the body needs to remain in the
previous day’s body, where as the “Inside Day” requires both the body and the shadows to remain inside the previous day’s body.
- For a reversal signal, further confirmation is required to indicate that the trend is now moving up.
- The longer the black candle and the white candle, the more forceful the reversal.
- The higher the white candle closes up on the black candle, the more convincing that a reversal has occurred despite the size of the white candle.
After a strong down-trend has been in effect and after a selling day, the bulls open the price a higher than the previous close. The short’s get concerned and start covering. The price finishes higher for the day. This is enough support to have the short sellers take notice that the trend has been violated. A strong day after that would convince everybody that the trend was reversing. Usually the volume is above the recent norm due to the unwinding of short positions.